February 11, 2013
Dear colleagues from the Chromosome teams,
As mentioned in our last phone conference on January 24, 2013, any member from the proteomics community can now subscribe to ProteomeXchange (PX) and be notified everytime a new ProteomeXchange dataset is made publicly available. If you are interested, there are two ways to do it:
1) You can receive these updates by e-mail. If you would like to do that, you need to join the ProteomeXchange Google Group:
- Log-in Google with your preferred e-mail.
- Go to https://groups.google.com/group/proteomexchange/.
- Click on "Join the Group" button (the exact location depends on your preferences for how the groups are displayed in your web browser).
- Choose your preferred option for receiving the e-mails with the new datasets.
2) You can subscribe to the following RSS feed:
In the message you will find links to the corresponding dataset in ProteomeCentral and in the receiving repository (either PRIDE for MS/MS data, or PeptideAtlas/PASSEL for SRM data), including where to get via FTP all the original files that were included in the submission.
Independently from this, you can also access all the existing public datasets in ProteomeCentral:
If you are not able to get subscribed, please write me an e-mail and I will help you to do it.
P.S. Some information about how to subscribe to a RSS feed can be found for example here:
Juan Antonio Vizcaíno, Ph.D.
PRIDE Group Coordinator
ProteomeXchange Project Manager
Proteomics Services Team, PANDA Group
EMBL European Bioinformatics Institute
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 492 686
Fax: +44 (0) 1223 494 468